A dental restoration or a filling is the repair of a decayed or damaged tooth, restoring the tooth allows it to look normal in appearance, shape, and function. Once a tooth has been repaired normal eating and chewing is permitted.
Post Treatment Care
Local anesthesia (lidocaine) is administered to your child for the majority of composite restorations. If local anesthesia has been administered, your child’s mouth will be numb for I to 2 hours after you leave the office. Please watch your child to make sure they avoid chewing on their lips, cheeks, or tongue while they are still numb. If your child wants to eat immediately after the appointment, then give liquids or soft foods (i.e. yogurt, ice cream, milk shake, pudding, or mash potatoes) to your child to eat until the numbness is gone.
The composite restoration must be maintained with effective removal of plaque by brushing and flossing daily, home care fluoride prescription, and a low sugar diet to avoid cavities returning to the edges of the composite restoration.
Over time, all composite restorations will become darker. This change in color is due to the intake of stains into microscopic pores in composite restoration surface. These stains come from the foods and beverages that have natural or artificial pigments (i.e., coffee, tea, coke, Kool-Aid, grape juice, blueberries, chocolate, etc.). To slow the change in color of your child’s composite restoration, have them avoid intake of pigmented foods or drinks when possible.
In order to give your child’s tooth with the composite restoration the longest possible life span, please have your child avoid the following foods: ice or ice cubes, hard candies, taffy, caramels, and jaw breakers.
Recommendations for preparing your child for dental visit:
- Don’t tell your child scary stories about the dentist or let your child know your own anxieties.
- Set a good example, let your child observe you brushing your teeth and visiting the dentist.
- Read stories about going to the dentist to your child.
- Pretend to be a dentist and explore your child’s mouth, then switch roles.
- Bring your child to our dental centre just to walk around and meet our staff.
- Arrive early for the appointment so your child can get familiar with the new environment.
- Don’t describe treatments too much in detail or use negative words like pain, drill, etc., our dentists have special ways and words to explain to children so they are not scared.
- Tell the dentist about any medical problems or allergies your child may have.
Please don’t hesitate to send in all your enquiries, suggestions and opinions or make an appointment now.
We would love to hear from you! We value each and every suggestion.
Liposuction has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world because it is a safe and effective way to remove stubborn fat from body.
POPULAR ( WOMEN )
Breast augmentation may also be applied for those desiring reconstruction after mastectomy or injury. This procedure is a popular solution among women.
POPULAR ( MEN )
The best and proven solution to hair loss problem would be hair transplant procedures which can help bring back the appearance of a fuller head of hair.