Prosthodontics & Implants
Dental implants provide a permanent option to replace the form and function of missing teeth. When a tooth is lost, you don’t only lose the visible part of the tooth, you also lose the supportive root under the gums. To replace the roots, the surgeon will place titanium implants in the bone to secure the replacement tooth. Once top off with a crown, you will regain a beautiful new smile!
Dental implant is a two-step procedure:
The first step is a surgical procedure to place the implant into your jaw. The second step of the procedure takes place three to four months after the implant is put into place. By this time, the bone has grown around the implant so as to hold it in place. This procedure involves removing the gum tissue which covers the implant and then placing a post into the implant. The post will be used to attach the cap, bridge or denture to the implant.
Shortly after the second procedure, the artificial teeth are made (caps, fixed bridges or dentures). They are custom designed to your mouth’s exact shape and size, ensuring comfort and effectiveness. While the artificial teeth are being made, you can usually continue to wear an existing bridge or denture.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Support replacement teeth for an entirely toothless jaw.
- Can be used as anchors to support a fixed bridge.
- Support loose teeth by being splinted to them.
- Provide stability for a complete denture, thereby eliminating unsightly moving and clicking associated with dentures.
Implant sequence – With a dental implant, there is no need to grind down the healthy adjacent teeth. The implant provides support for the crown.
- Look and feel natural
- Permanent solution to missing teeth
- Comfort with no irritation
- Convenience and secure (eat without worries)
- Helps prevent bone loss and tooth migration
- Missing teeth – single/ multiple/ total loss of teeth
Before & After
Please don’t hesitate to send in all your enquiries, suggestions and opinions or make an appointment now.
We would love to hear from you! We value each and every suggestion.