Baby teeth aren’t just for chewing! Each one also acts as a guide for the permanent tooth that replaces it. If a baby tooth is lost too early, the permanent tooth loses its guide. It can drift or erupt incorrectly into the mouth. Neighboring teeth also can move or tilt into the space. This means the permanent tooth can’t come in. Dentists call baby teeth primary or deciduous teeth. Primary teeth can be lost too early for several reasons:
- They can be knocked out in a fall or other accident.
- They may need to be extracted because of severe decay.
- They may be missing at birth.
- Some diseases or conditions can lead to early tooth loss.
Your child may need a space maintainer if:
- If a primary tooth is lost before the permanent tooth is ready to come in.
- If a permanent tooth is missing.
The maintainer keeps the space open until the permanent tooth comes in.
Recommendations for preparing your child for dental visit:
- Don’t tell your child scary stories about the dentist or let your child know your own anxieties.
- Set a good example, let your child observe you brushing your teeth and visiting the dentist.
- Read stories about going to the dentist to your child.
- Pretend to be a dentist and explore your child’s mouth, then switch roles.
- Bring your child to our dental centre just to walk around and meet our staff.
- Arrive early for the appointment so your child can get familiar with the new environment.
- Don’t describe treatments too much in detail or use negative words like pain, drill, etc., our dentists have special ways and words to explain to children so they are not scared.
- Tell the dentist about any medical problems or allergies your child may have.
Please don’t hesitate to send in all your enquiries, suggestions and opinions or make an appointment now.
We would love to hear from you! We value each and every suggestion.
Liposuction has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world because it is a safe and effective way to remove stubborn fat from body.
POPULAR ( WOMEN )
Breast augmentation may also be applied for those desiring reconstruction after mastectomy or injury. This procedure is a popular solution among women.
POPULAR ( MEN )
The best and proven solution to hair loss problem would be hair transplant procedures which can help bring back the appearance of a fuller head of hair.