You may be a good candidate for braces if you have the following bite problems:
- Crossbite: One or more of your top teeth don’t line up properly with your bottom teeth.
- Open bite: Your top and bottom front teeth don’t meet as they should.
- Overbite: Your top front teeth cover too much of your bottom front teeth.
- Overjet: Your top front teeth stick out.
- Underbite: Your top teeth sit behind your bottom teeth rather than in front of them.
Braces can straighten your teeth to make them look, feel and work better. Braces are glued to your teeth and connected by a wire to put gentle pressure on your teeth. Over time, this pressure gradually moves them into the proper position.
The first step for dental braces is for a patient to be referred to an orthodontist due to concerns about the positioning of the teeth in the jaw. In the first orthodontist appointment, the teeth should be examined manually and with X-rays images. It is also important to discuss the dental history with the patient, which will help to guide the treatment decisions.
If from the initial consultation it is deemed that treatment with dental braces is appropriate for the patient’s situation, further decisions such as the type of braces and the duration of treatment will need to be decided.
- The Consultation. At your first Orthodontic visit the Orthodontist will complete a thorough Orthodontic examination to determine your Orthodontic needs.
- Orthodontic Records.
- Getting Your Braces On
- Getting Your Braces Off and Retainers.
Maintaining your braces takes a lot of time and effort—but if you do it right, your healthy and dazzling smile will be your reward. Here are some tips on how you can maintain a healthy smile while wearing braces:
- Good oral hygiene habits—In order to keep your teeth healthy when you have braces, it is important to keep a good oral care routine for your teeth. When you have braces, it means there are more nooks and wires that food can get trapped in which can lead to plaque build-up. To avoid this, make sure you follow a well established oral care routine every day which involves brushing, flossing and using mouthwash regularly.
- Follow your orthodontist’s instructions—Your orthodontist may give you additional instructions such as placing rubber bands on your braces at specific points in time.
- Having a tooth-friendly diet—A tooth-friendly diet involves eating food with low acidity such as bananas, milk, seafood and eggs, so that it doesn’t damage your tooth enamel over time. Another way to maintain your smile when you have braces is to avoid foods with a high level of sugar to reduce your chances of having tooth decay.
There are a lot of benefits to getting braces. Having straight teeth helps not only with a pretty smile, but also your overall oral health. Some of the benefits of braces include prevention of tooth decay, gum diseases, cavities, bone erosion, injury, and bad bites.
A dentist usually recommends braces to improve the patient’s physical “orofacial” appearance. Through orthodontic treatment, problems like crooked or crowded teeth, overbites, underbites.
You may have recently been told by your dentist that you require orthodontic treatment. Whether it’s issues with spacing, your bite or the alignment of your teeth, it is obvious when you do not have straight teeth, and you’ll need braces to enhance your smile. However, before you get started with treatment, it is crucial that you have reasonable expectations with braces as you take the journey to properly aligned teeth.
Recognition & Qualification
Trusted & Reviewed By Our Happy Clients
I had my dental implant surgery done at Beverly Wilshire Dental Clinic with Datin Dr Norma Abd Jalil. I am still astonished at how comfortable the whole procedure was. Not only was it totally painless (honestly!), from start to finish I was given clear information about the procedure and the pricing, all in a very relaxed environment. I cannot recommend the clinic and Datin Dr Norma Abd Jalil highly enough.
While visiting KL, I broke a veneer on my front tooth that required immediate replacement. I found Beverly Wilshire Dental online and scheduled an appointment. They were able to see me the next day and being from North America I was unsure of what to expect. I can gladly report that my experience and the work performed was excellent. My highest compliments to Dr. Tan Ying Yin for her professionalism and for the quality of her work.
I went for a routine scaling and teeth cleaning at this place. I must say, Dr. Tan Ying Yin is very professional and friendly. She explained the entire procedure and was constantly checking if everything was okay throughout the entire procedure. I would definitely recommend this clinic. Thank you Dr. for the excellent and very professional service! 5-stars for sure!
I’m from Vietnam and this is my first time getting my teeth fillings done in Malaysia. I picked Beverly Wilshire Dental and completely satisfied with the service here. Thank you.
Great skill. I had serious teeth alignment issue and my doctor managed to fix it nicely!
Amazing dental centre, amazing people, doctors, and dentists. I took appointment and started my veneer treatment and I was happy with their hygiene standards and I felt so comfortable with the great team there and of course special thanks to Dr Tan and her professional team for answering all my questions and been always present and accommodating.
My treatment was very smooth and I didn’t feel any pain even when they injected me with the needle. it was definitely a great experience and would definitely keep treating my teeth there.
Appointment was right on time, service from the attendants was friendly in total job well done, my teeth shines brighter and I feel better in my mouth.
Very comfortable and friendly. no pain at all for my root canal.
Our 1st visit to the dental centre for my daughter having gum bleeding issue. The appointment arrangement was effortless. I just dropped them a message via Google and they responded quickly in the morning. On the day, the service is cordial. My daughter loves it.
I had a perfect uncomplicated treatment. After another dentist told me that I have to get 6 holes fixed and at least one root treatment done I was looking for another opinion and it was the best decision I've ever made! Had my holes fixed in a short time and happy with the result.
I'm extremely happy with my teeth after having braces done here. Smiling away with confidence. Thanks Beverly Wilshire Dental. Will recommend surely to any searching for dental services. Kudos!!
Easy, considerate staff and doctors. We are international patients and came for a cleaning and 2nd opinion. Our dentist in Hong Kong recommended 2 more crowns, but this dentist saw no issues and only recommended a couple cosmetic options, but did not press for us to get them. Our visit was efficient.
Great team and excellent customer service, I did my teeth whitening using Zoom technology. Very happy with the results and the price was surprisingly very affordable. Keep up the good work guys.
Brought both my kids 2.5year and 7 year for their first appointment. The staff are very nice. Dr was very gentle and understanding. It was a pleasant first experience for them.